For the purposes for which we collect personal information, it is not practicable to allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. Therefore, we will seek the personal information identified below.
The Personal Information that K9focus collects from you may include:
- your full name;
- your postal or residential address;
- your contact details, including your telephone number, mobile telephone number and/or current and valid email address;
- your donation history;
We will only collect sensitive information where provided by you with your consent. Where you provide us with any sensitive information (such as health and medical information, personal motivations, philosophical beliefs and testamentary information about your intentions), we will only use this information to serve your individual need and fulfil our Charity Objectives and Animal Welfare Duty of Care and responsible and ethical obligations.
How K9focus Collects and Holds Personal Information
Active Information Collection
Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- make a donation via a Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news, or request information about our activities and campaigns;
- complete and submit any forms to us, either physically or electronically;
- contacted us directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email);
- participated in any voluntary or fundraising activities;
- interact with the K9focus website or social media platforms for a specific purpose;
- apply to foster or adopt an animal in our care or surrender an animal to our care.
Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with information about our rescue activities and responsibilities and campaigns (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a website, and transactions undertaken on a website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases, and also to advise you of other K9focus offers, competitions or events which may be of interest.
Use and Disclosure
Generally we will only use and disclose your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- to facilitate your support of K9focus and maintain our relationship with you, such as to process your donations and to provide receipts, communicate with you on a regular basis (including via social media), ask for your participation in our rescue activities and campaigns, and provide you with updates on our rescue activities and campaigns and how your gifts are helping;
- to establish and maintain your support for K9focus, including by providing you with newsletters (including via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters)), and other information necessary to allow you to play an active role in K9focus via any means, including commercial electronic messages;
- to provide the content and information you have requested from K9focus, and to respond to your enquiries;
- to provide you with information about your donations (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and transactions undertaken on a Website), content, direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel;
- to improve Website and system administration, and to make our content, communications and information more valuable to our supporters;
- to obtain opinions or comments about content, programs or campaigns and to conduct other research and development;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research;
- for the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
What Happens if you Choose not to Provide the Information
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide K9focus with your personal details, such as your name, address, or contact details we may not be able to process your donation or provide you with the information that you require.
Contact by K9focus
K9focus may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above. This may include contacting you via social media if you are not one of our followers using the information on your record, such as your email address.
Ability of Others to View Information
K9focus may provide areas on a Website or Social Media platforms where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide information for content or campaigns or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publicly posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Websites. K9focus is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us understand visitors to our website by tracking how you use our website, in a way that doesn’t ever identify you personally. The website can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You can gain access to the personal information that K9focus holds about you. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time, please contact us in person, in writing. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information that may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
To obtain access, you will have to provide proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and the privacy of others is not undermined.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access within 10 days of your request.
Storage and Security
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of any personal information that we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
However, we note that security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. K9focus will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Email (preferred) : email@example.com
K9focus, Registered Office, Shepherds View, Lower Hill, St. Giles. Torrington, Devon. EX38 7JU